JOB TITLE: Loan Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: SVP, Chief Credit Officer
Duties include managing loan processing, loan closers and clerks in the preparation of loan documentation, lending
files, collateral maintenance, records, reports and loan compliance. Interacts with lending officers and clients,
resolves problems, manages staff and ensures efficient department operation. Individual should be knowledgeable
in complex real estate transactions as well as understanding of SBA products and operational management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Supervise Loan Operations & Staff
· Create procedures either independently or under direction of management
· Prepare and/or maintenance items necessary for both internal & external audits
· Maintain system parameters according to established procedures/process
· QA of all loans uploaded. This includes reviewing loans for legal completeness, including proper
· documentation and proper filing with the various credit recording agencies including UCC filings, Mortgage
· filings, insurance filings etc., as well as balance, rate and term including ticklers and loan participations.
· Back up for documentation staff and Online Banking/Cash Management.
· Maintain financial tracking log & credit reporting
· Perform necessary internal audits of process such as negotiable collateral log audit
· Preparation of complex commercial closing packages.
· Supervision and assistance in the booking and release of Sold Consumer Mortgages.
· Supervision and review of the loan operations clerk. This includes establishing procedures for this work and
· monitoring and coaching of this individual
· Prepare monthly loan reports for lenders and President.
· Preparation of Quarterly Billings to the Michigan Bankers Title Company
· Train/coach loan staff for efficiency & accuracy with loan documentation & process.
· Problem Resolution – Assist the lenders and the loan clerk in resolving issues related to loan documentation,
· computer input, and credit filings.
· System Updates. This includes preparing and updating all procedures related loans and updating the computer
· system for changes in procedures.
· Provide advice and complete documentation for complex loan agreements and other loan types such as SBA or
· FHA loans.
· Prepare submissions for FHLBI pledges.
· Loan Compliance management including HMDA report preparation and Reg B monitoring. Work with internal
· and external compliance resources to assure bank is compliant.
· Assist management with any new product development
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Voluntary community service is encouraged
· Education: College degree preferable.
· Experience: Five years of Loan Operation management experience.
Familiarity with the Jack Henry Streamline Loan System a plus.
Microsoft Word, Excel and data base software experience
o Effectively present information in a written format
o Be able to deal with a variety of variables and to interpret written or oral instructions
o Work relatively independently and under time deadlines
o Be willing to seek improvement through outside classes, seminars, networking, etc.